Sunday, 19 February 2017

Love & Hearts @ Tando

Hi folks and welcome to this weeks challenge from Tando. The theme, with it being Valentine's Day this week is 'Love & Hearts'.

Here is what I came up with...



I used the one of the Tando long tags(These come in a pack of 5 and are 190mm x 75mm) and two hearts from the Tando grab bag of hearts. Along with letters from the Block Serif alpha sheet.


Firstly, I gave all the Tando pieces a quick coat of DecoArt White Gesso
I applied a thick coat of DecoArt Crackle Paint to the centre of the tag and on the solid heart shape. And applied DecoArt Texture Sand Paste around the outside of the tag and on the bigger heart. 






I then painted the tag with Cadmium Orange, Primary Magenta, and Napthol Red Light DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics drying the layers of colours in between.



I painted the larger heart with the two red colours and gave the solid heart shape another coat of white gesso. 

When the tag was dry I stamped random areas using the edge of the Creative Expressions 'Bubble Wrap' stamp using Versafine black ink.




On the solid heart and in the centre of the tag I rubbed over some DecoArt Carbon Black Antiquing Cream, then buffed off the excess. 

I gathered a selection of ribbons and coloured them using the paint. I added some of the ribbon to the top of the tag and used the thick cord underneath the solid heart shape.




I used the Block Serif alpha sheet to spell the word 'love' which I covered in ink the used Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel over the top. 





Thanks for popping by,
hope to see you again soon.
Lisa xxx


All the products I have used are below, the products in italics are available on the Tando Website.



Set of 5 Long Tags    Grab Bag of Hearts   Media Antiquing: Carbon Black    Media: White Crackle PAINT   Media: Texture Sand Paste   Media: White Gesso   Fluid Acrylics: Cadmium Orange   Fluid Acrylics: Primary Magenta   Fluid Acrylics: Napthol Red Light   Image result for creative expressions bubble wrap stamp

Sunday, 12 February 2017

Technique Week @ Tando - Adding Fabric

Hi folks, and welcome to my Tando post for this week. It's Technique Week and the theme is adding fabric. I used Tandos Kate Crane 7 piece planner kit for this project. 

This is a fabulous kit, it comes with a front and back cover and 5 inserts. (There is also a smaller kit available with less inserts and you can also purchase just the inserts to add extra ones if you wish. All three sets are available on the Tando website.)


I only used the front and back covers of the planner for this particular challenge. 


Here is what I did...

Front Journal Cover

Back Journal Cover

First I gave the front and back covers a quick coat of DecoArt white gesso. I then started adding fabric. I gathered a whole range of different ribbons, lace, hessian and began layering them on the front and back of the journal covers. 


I added DecoArt Texture Sand Paste, DecoArt Crackle Paint and used DecoArt White Modelling Paste with Andy Skinner's 8 x 8 Creativity Stencil.






When everything was dry I started to add some colour using DecoArt Media Artist Fluid Acrylics. I used Quinacridone Gold, Paynes Grey, Burnt Umber and Colbalt Teal Hue. I added the colours in layers, drying between each stage. 


1st layer


2nd Layer


I continued to add the paint until I was happy with the coverage.








To finish, I highlighted the stencilled word and some other areas white white gesso. Then painted the back of each cover and the edges with black gesso.




Here is the finished journal covers with the inserts which haven't yet been decorated. 





Everything I have used for this project is below and they are available on the Tando Website.

Thanks for popping by.
Toodles for now,
Lisa x 

Kate Crane 7 piece Planner   A Skinner Stencil - CREATIVITY  Media: Texture Sand Paste  Media: White Crackle PAINT  Media: White Gesso  Media: Black Gesso  Media: White Modelling Paste  Fluid Acrylics: Burnt Umber  Fluid Acrylics: Cobalt Teal  Fluid Acrylics: Paynes Grey  Fluid Acrylics: Quinacridone Gold

Wednesday, 1 February 2017

I'm Back..... with Altered Eclectics

Hi folks and welcome to my 1st post of 2017 for Altered Eclectics

I decided, with some encouragement from the lovely Elaine (boss lady of Altered Eclectics/Eclectic Ellapu) to return to the team at Altered Eclectics after having some time away. And I'm so glad to be back.

Here is my first project contribution to the team...



I started off with a small MDF tower which stores 40 Distress Inks.
But of course there are always more and more Distress Inks to come... So I ended up getting another tower which stored 60 inks. But now, having two towers which takes up twice as much space. So, what to do.... put them together...


I started by painting both towers with white gesso.



Then glued both towers together on top of each other. I used some clothes pegs to secure the towers until the glue dried.




When the towers were secure together, I added some stencilling with white modeling paste and a stencil.



I then added a coat of teal blue paint to each of the inside shelves and the outsides.



To make the stencilling stand out, I dry brushed some purple paint over the top of the stencilling and along the edges of the shelves.




To finish, I added some random stamping with a star stamp. 






Why don't you pop over to the Altered Eclectics challenge blog and enter our challenge. They start on the 1st of every month and you can enter mixed media projects, altered art, upcycling or recycling projects..... no cards or ATC's please as these will be deleted.

Thanks for popping by,
hope to see you again soon
Lisa xxx