Great!!! So as I failed to send her a card this year, I thought I would make up for it and use my lovely melt pot to make her this chest.
Happy Birthday Marion!!!!!! hip hip....
I took the fastenings and hinges off and painted the box with ivory emulsion paint (for some reason I'm loving using emulsion for a base coat lately...) then inked with Weathered Wood Distress Ink.
I got out the melt pot and melted some yummy bees wax... mmmm.... I stamped on to tissue and adhered it with the bees wax on the inside of the lid.
I stamped directly on the outside of the box with Archival Ink and painted over it with the bees wax to create create texture.
I made some flowers and dipped them in the bees wax along with some silk leaves and added them to the lid of the chest.
I melted some clear UTEE in the melt pot and covered a silver butterfly charm with it then used a flower shape cutter to create the shape. I made three of these and put them on the lid with the paper flowers.
I recently purchased the Katy Sue buttons mould and thought this would be a good time to play with it. I filled the mould with the clear UTEE after it had been in the pot for a while so it was quite an amber colour.
I was going to colour the buttons but thought they looked lovely and also gives Marion the option to colour them if she chooses.
I really enjoyed creating with the melt pot for this project and enjoyed making it even more because I knew Marion was going to receive it.
Bits and Bobs I used....
* wooden chest box
* patterned paper
* Weathered Wood Distress Ink
* clear UTEE
* bees wax
* flower mould
* Katy Sue button mould
* butterfly charms
* button florals stamp set
* cosmetic tissue
I would like to enter this creation in the following challenge:
Artful Times - challenge 50 anything goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - march challenge