Sunday, 30 March 2014


Happy Mother's Day..... Today is also the 300th Sunday Stamper challenge on Hels Sheridan's blog. And as an avid stalker fan of Hels I thought I would share this post.

This week the theme was 'include the word "dream"'. Here is what I created.

This is a 10" X 8" MDF plaque which I prepped with gesso and then painted with a neutral coloured emulsion.

I used a few different techniques on this plaque and it is very Hels Sheridan inspired. 

I used a couple of different stencils and inked through them with Distress Inks. Then stamped a floral swirl and crackle background using Indigoblu stamps.

I die cut some flowers using my Tim Holtz tattered floral die from music paper and inked them with Walnut Stain DI. 

I filled a vial and the center of the flowers with black glitter.

I stamped "DREAM" on to card, inked it and made it into a ribbon. 
I added some embellishments and jute twine to finish. 

Thanks for looking today. 

Friday, 28 March 2014

Flowers Are The Music Of Life tag

I've been playing, and have had a lovely time. I've been using one of my favourite stamp sets - button florals. 
I love this stamp set! It has lots of little funky stamps and I always find myself going back to them.

I'm also having a blue period and I automatically go for the blue tone ink pads. I think this period is going to last for a while because at the minute, I'm in love with my Peacock Feathers Distress ink!!!  

I decide to recycle some cardboard and create a tag.

I made some 'homemade' texture paste and put it through a dotty mask then inked the tag in three diagonal strips with Distress Ink. 

I then created the background using a selection of the stamps from the buttons floral set. Randomly stamping the circles then embossing with gold powder and doing the same with the spots with black powder. 

I stamped on to tissue with a music notes stamp, tore the tissue and applied it to the tag using bees wax. 

I coloured the flowers with peacock feathers distress ink and dipped it in the wax. I did the same with some silk leaves. 

I added a sentiment, corner embellishment and some ribbon.  

Thanks for looking, hope you leave a comment..... 

Monday, 24 March 2014


Hello lovely followers. Not been round for a while, I have a pile of projects that I need to blog and no time to do it!!! AAARRRggghhhh!!

But here is one I have had the chance to blog. I'm very excited about this one. It's the ATC swap from That Craft Place Natter & Chatter facebook page. I'm pretty pleased with this as the challenge came with a couple of 'rules'.... to use brown and/or turquoise AND if possible, use a household object. Er, yey....
Brown and/or turquoise I can handle but a household object.... 

As a general rule, I'm not keen on ATC's because of their size. They are teeny! And when you like working on an 8 X 8 scale.... yey!!!

But I got to work and this is what I came up with.

My ATC using brown and turquoise. 
I used:
* some lovely distress inks (peacock feathers, vintage photo and walnut brown), 
* typed alphabet stamp, 
* fabric pattern stamp gold embossed, 
* die cut flowers, 
* UTEE covered leaves 
* and..... my household object.... 3 drawing pin heads covered with stickles!!!

Hope you like it....

Please leave me a comment as I love to read them and see what you you think of my work.

Sunday, 9 March 2014

PANDORA'S BOX,... well, Marion's...

It was recently my very good interiend's birthday, my interiend, Marion, is now a good crafty friend who I met on facebook sometime ago. We speak every day, along with a few other mischievous ladies... and I will leave it at that... er hum... it was recently Marion's birthday and as friends do, I made and sent her a card. But, me being me, shoved it through the postbox instead of going in the the post office. A few days later, after Marion's birthday had gone, I got a message from Marion saying she had recieved, not my card, but a letter from the post office saying they were holding a card as it had the incorrect postage!!!
Great!!! So as I failed to send her a card this year, I thought I would make up for it and use my lovely melt pot to make her this chest.

Happy Birthday Marion!!!!!! hip hip....

I took the fastenings and hinges off and painted the box with ivory emulsion paint (for some reason I'm loving using emulsion for a base coat lately...) then inked with Weathered Wood Distress Ink. 
I got out the melt pot and melted some yummy bees wax... mmmm.... I stamped on to tissue and adhered it with the bees wax on the inside of the lid.

I stamped directly on the outside of the box with Archival Ink and painted over it with the bees wax to create create texture. 

I made some flowers and dipped them in the bees wax along with some silk leaves and added them to the lid of the chest.

I melted some clear UTEE in the melt pot and covered a silver butterfly charm with it then used a flower shape cutter to create the shape. I made three of these and put them on the lid with the paper flowers.

I recently purchased the Katy Sue buttons mould and thought this would be a good time to play with it. I filled the mould with the clear UTEE after it had been in the pot for a while so it was quite an amber colour. 

I was going to colour the buttons but thought they looked lovely and also gives Marion the option to colour them if she chooses. 

I really enjoyed creating with the melt pot for this project and enjoyed making it even more because I knew Marion was going to receive it.

Bits and Bobs I used....

* wooden chest box
* patterned paper 
* Weathered Wood Distress Ink
* leaves
* clear UTEE
* bees wax
* flower mould
* Katy Sue button mould
* butterfly charms
* button florals stamp set
* cosmetic tissue 

I would like to enter this creation in the following challenge:

Artful Times - challenge 50 anything goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - march challenge